I find it amazing that the life cycle of a butterfly illustrate the life, death and resurrection of Jesus so perfectly. his life (as a caterpillar) his death and pain and suffering (the caterpillar splitting his skin and becoming the pupa) and the empty Chrysalis (tomb) He left behind and continued in life!
It's also an awesome live example of the change we take on as we become Christians and live for Jesus!
2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefor if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old is gone and the new is here!"
The kids brainstormed about how the life cycle of a Butterfly is like becoming a Christian....here are their answers:
- The two are different many ways, the caterpillar has to crawl around while a butterfly gets to fly!
- Caterpillars aren't very pretty, a butterfly is beautiful.
- Caterpillars eat leaves while butterflies get to drink flowers!
- If a caterpillar doesn't turn into a butterfly, it dies. When it turns into a Butterfly it gets to live! (I thought this one was very profound)
- A butterfly is a caterpillar that has "chosen" Jesus and new life!
- A Butterfly leaves behind it's old life in every way and becomes something completely different!
I love homeschooling.......I love learning right along side the kids! I'd miss this if they were in school somewhere!
|Drying our Wings|
|Captain of our Catch and Release Program|
|Warming up on the Plumeria Tree|